OUR FIRST INFORMATION DAY
All visitors were invited to make comments and suggestions on sticky notes. Our favourite – understandably – was “Thank you to you all for a very interesting exhibition.
- Footpath in St Margaret’s Lane.
- Parking definitely needed more for the Theatre.
- Defintely a path along St Margaret’s Lane would be beneficial
- St Margaret’s Lane needs footpath and better lighting
- Pedestrian access is a problem? A footpath
- Need more parking or a path and better lighting at St Margaret’s
- Improve St Margaret’s Lane for walkers
- FBC should allow mre weddings to take place at The Barn it would bring people to the village instead of passing through
- A path along St Margaret’s Lane
- Love to walk but not happy to walk back from St Margaret’s as we feel the road is unsafe. Would very much like to see a dedicated footpath to link the Village and Theatre.
- We recommended the Theatre to friends further away but the parking is off putting to them. If the walk from the village was safer (felt safer) it would I am sure increase numbers in the audience from surrounding areas.
- Need footpath along St Margaret’s Lane also more and easier parking
PRESENTATION AND PROMOTION OF THE VILLAGE
- “Welcome to historic Titchfield”, homes of Kings and Queens and Shakespeare.
- Improve safety for cyclists and those needing to walk along St Margaret’s Lane, it is lethal in the dark.
- Co-op needs to deliver in smaller vans – Square is too small to re-design.
- Better signage to Community Centre. Xmas Market Church Road.
- Very interesting place to visit
- Entry sign ;- Welcome to historic Titchfield home of Kings, Queens and historic Shakespeare
- Parking ! HCC land could be used, walking along St Margaret’s Lane is dangerous.
- Christmas Market like Bath or a foodie fayre with stalls for craft, food or craft
- Infrastructure, Parking
- Use “crowdfunding,com” as a means of raising funds for popular projects. Dan Searle firstname.lastname@example.org
- No cyclists or dogs on footpath by canal, Walkers only. Signs
ROADS AND PARKING
- Buses are needed to come into the Square. There are people who need bus service
- Coach Hill (more traffic by 2025 Stubbing Bypass shown in plan) traffic control islands restricting flow, reducing speed, discouraging thru traffic
- Please stop all double decker buses going through the village
- Coach Hill pedestrian crossing needed
- Titchfield Square – pedestrian crossing (not pelican) at either end of the Square
- Buses must be allowed through the village to accommodate the elderly who can’t walk along to the A27 to get into Fareham
- Bridge Street change priority route at lunchtime
- We need the buses to go through the village for bus users
- Flow controls, Bridge Street good idea. Coach Hill pedestrian crossing. To enhance the “safe movement” of traffic on Southampton Hill please can you stop the garage on the A27 parking its truck and cars at very top of Southampton Hill and on the first bend as you come down the hill. Very dangerous.
- Investigate coach companies using Titchfield as a pick up point for their customers using the Community Centre to park which fills the Community Centre up
- Posbrook Lane 30 mph needed. Bridge Street one way system impractical for residents. Parking is the key issue to improve the Square but how you provide extra spaces outside the Square is difficult
- Coach Hill needs traffic calming of some description. Traffic study should be done from 8am. Difficult for children to cross the road. 20mph should start at the top of Coach Hill.
- 20mph inside the whole village
- Pedestrian crossing in the Square and height and sighting of 20mph signs
- Bus route through the village is needed. Gateway in Square – how would residents access their homes
- Why is no road calming in Southampton Hill
- St Margaret.s Lane is a country lane not wide enough. Would need to be widened. Common Lane. Tried to put in speed bumps, failed as residents didn’t want them.
- The inconvenience to the Bridge Street residents is …………to the major problem to Bellfield, Garstons if Bridge Street is shut
- Why are people whose only option is the bus are always penalised? The bus route idea has been thought up by car owners – it is a very long way from Bellfield or Garstons Close when you are walking along in the rain with heavy bags. A lot of older people use the bus they would have great difficulty walking to a bus on the edge of the village. By banning buses from the Square you actually encourage car users.
- Residents parking permits essential in the village – Fareham would get revenue to cover the cost
- A traffic calming measure with a pedestrian walkway is needed across the top of Bridge Street to allow pedestrians, pushchair users and mobility scooter users to access South side of Coach Hill
- Grateful if you would improve residents parking in Southampton Hill. Options/ change parallel parking on Southampton Hill nose-in parking; extend Barry’s Meadow car park to another row of parking.